Posted by PRACHI...... in

Of an End & a Beginning......


"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day".
-Edith Lovejoy Pierce

I was wondering what would be the first word of the first page of my book; it had to mean a lot for me, sum up everything for me and the word that came to my mind was ……Thanks

Hmm, for all the things that happened for me last year and for things that are yet to come...
For all the loved ones, for all my friends, colleagues old &new, for all those who have guided me, helped me, supported me, encouraged me, motivated me, inspired me… my thanks
And if I was to list down the names of the things & people I would thankful to, it might l just fill my entire book.

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
-Lewis Caroll

Well so.. I’ll move on to the next thing that comes to mind … A wish


A dream, a desire, an ambition which I have wished for, to attain, that will be the driving force for me for an entirety to achieve and accomplish the things which I have planned for myself. Chalking out a roadmap to know where I will be when I get there.

Some aspirations to fulfill, some desires to nurture.. looking forward to all that in coming year

"A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other".
-Anonymous

The dawn of New Year is incomplete without… Resolutions.
I have never made any before, not because I am afraid I can’t follow them but because you don’t really have to wait for whole New Year to start off something…
If you wish to you can, anytime anywhere…

But since I have wished to do something’s now.. I might as well scribe it down, so each time I visit my blog I am reminded of it.

1. My first resolution would then be to follow my resolutions.
2. Read books as much as I can & increase the size of my little library.
3. Get rid of my addiction....( Oops read as spend less time on my precious computer)
4. “Observe, Learn, Reflect, Share ,Write” (yeah I am gonna make that as my resolution)
5. Act more and Think less
6. Dream more and Visualize

Well I guess these pretty much sum up for me, to look ahead…


“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
Maria Robinson

Learning from past experiences, cherishing all good memories and taking in stride all the bitter ones.. Lets start afresh with new hopes, new ideas, new dreams….

I wanna start today..this day of an End and a new Beginning…

This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 7:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment